Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Why images can mean so many different things

Images can mean different things depending on a person and what a person thinks. There is a poem in our text called, "Heat", by H.D. The poem talks about hear, of course, but I see it as being smothered and how one cannot function properly,or do what they a meant, due to being smothered just like how, "fruit cannot drop through this thick air". When I hear the words "thick air" and "heat", I not only image a hot place, but  I also see a smothered person, someone who can't stand the heat, so they get out of the kitchen. Even though I see it that way, someone else can see that image differently.
One of my favorite song lyrics by Troye Sivan is, "I want you, I'll color me blue, anything to make you stay only seeing myself when I'm looking up at you". I love this lyric because I imagine a relationship, that went wrong due to color of their skins, so they decided to color each other blue so that skin tone won't matter. Someone else could see this lyric as something more than skin tone, maybe, they can see a longer image like trying to ignore skin color or perhaps it could mean to take the grey skies away, so they will color each other blue to brighten up their day or life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment