Tuesday, February 2, 2016

How the author's life of my Doc1 story/poem affects the story or poem

After researching Karen van der Zee's life, I noticed that she has always wanted to write, she said, "I was a dreamer, reading books and making up my own stories". To me she seems like a dreamer and a sap after reading "A Secret Sorrow".  She mentioned that she wanted to see the world and "wanted to write adventurous stories set in these exotic places". I confirmed that she was a sap because she said "I got lucky and fell in love with a globetrotting American. I met him in Amsterdam, he asked me to marry him in Rome, and we tied the knot in a ten-minute ceremony in Kenya, East Africa, where he was a Peace Corps Volunteer". I understand now, why she is so in love with writing romantic fiction stories. Her life, as far as her love life, itself is romantic. She c"ontinued writing romances and loved the creativity of it, although it was, and is, never easy". Her view point of love is that it conquers all and regardless of a struggle or a permanent damage, she is still able to see love as something beautiful. Van der Zee also motioned that she "loved the challenge of living in a foreign country where the food is different, the people interesting and life gives me endless inspiration for my writing ". A Secret Sorrow", as we all know is a romantic novel that demonstrates how love is stronger than anything, and now I know exactly why she wrote it.

No comments:

Post a Comment